Are you planning a competition which involves giving-away prizes?
If so, you need to be aware of the rules and regulations governing trade promotions and competitions.
Online promotions and competitions can be an effective way to boost exposure to your brand and engage your target market and are becoming an increasingly popular tool particularly in the context of social media. We see Facebook, Instagram and Twitter competitions all the time.
Many people do not realise that these sorts of promotions are regulated by strict trade promotion lotteries laws, as well as the specific rules of the social media platform.
This can be a complex area to navigate – particularly because the laws in each state or territory can be quite different.
This is one of our areas of expertise and we can help you with any promotion you intend to run as well as any terms and conditions you might need for your promotion. We can also prepare any necessary permit applications and liaise with the relevant state gaming authority on your behalf.
Steps we can take to help you get your trade promotion right:
- Advising you as to whether you need permit and whether your promotion is a game of skill or a game of chance
- Guiding you on legal considerations to consider before running a trade promotion
- Drafting terms and conditions for your trade promotions
- Checking social media compliance for trade promotions run online
- Legal advice as to what prizes are legal
- Advising as to whether you can legally use certain names and taglines to describe the trade promotion
To read Frequently Asked Questions and more information on Trade Promotions and Online Competitions, please CLICK HERE.