Australia has seen many changes in packaging and labelling laws in recent years. For instance, in 2012 plain packaging laws came into force, meaning that all cigarette packets had to be sold in plain packaging. In 2016, new country of origin requirements for food and beverages offered for retail sale in Australia came into effect.
Given the dynamic nature of these laws, it is always important to seek legal advice on labelling and packaging matters. At Sharon Givoni Consulting, we have extensive experience in this area.
We are able to provide labelling and packaging advice relating to:
- Country of origin labelling (phrases such as “Made in” and “Product of”)
- Weights and measurements laws
- Product specific laws regarding food, cosmetics and electrical goods labelling requirements
- Product specific liability issues – ensuring goods are labelled in a manner that adheres to consumer safety requirements and the proper use of warnings, safety instructions and ingredients labelling
- Environmental or ‘green’ claims
- Price reduction claims
- Therapeutic goods labelling