|Sharon Givoni Consulting is an Australian law firm that specialises in providing intellectual property advice. We provide personalised and very prompt service at competitive prices.
Practical strategic advice - make the law work for your business – we care about the solution and whether we can achieve this for you.
You pay for the legal work not office services - unlike most law firms, we do not charge for secretarial services or extra for faxes, photocopies and interstate or international calls. We also have a policy of invoicing regularly so that clients know where they stand at all times.
Years of experience at competitive prices - Sharon Givoni, the Principal Solicitor of the firm, has had extensive experience in the area of intellectual property law. Before starting her own boutique legal practice, she previously worked at Freehills (now Herbert Smith Freehills).
Our Clients include - IT and software developers, service providers in all industries; training, coaching and networking businesses; online businesses, advertising and marketing agencies, designers, manufacturers and consumer product developers, food businesses, fashion labels, cosmetics, real estate businesses, product manufacturers, retailers, manufacturers and importers, photographers, film makers, bloggers, writers, musicians and artists.
Areas of expertise include:
- Trade mark law including Australian and international trade mark registrations, oppositions, prosecuting trade marks (that is, responding to adverse reports from IP Australia), New Zealand trade mark applications at very competitive fees and other trade mark related work including strategy advice, disputes, licences and assignments, co-existence agreements and commercialisation.
- Copyright law including copyright infringement disputes, advice; licences and assignments; and strategies to assist businesses to avoid inadvertent copyright infringement. We also devise copyright notices and terms and conditions for agencies and graphic designers and can assist to deal with disputes including YouTube disputes.
- Designs law including design registrations and strategies to protect the appearance of products as well as disputes and advice in relation to the copyright/ design overlap. Design laws are particularly pertinent to those in the fabrics and fashion industry and as well as any business that makes and develops products.
- Australian Consumer protection laws including advising in relation to misleading and deceptive conduct laws and ensuring compliance with other Australian Consumer protection laws such as: green labelling, food labelling issues relating to country of origin and other claims; disclaimers and qualifications.
- Internet law - The laws that impact on websites including privacy law and terms and conditions.
- Domain name disputes including advice in relation to cybersquatting, resolving disputes through the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) or the .au Dispute Resolution Policy (auDRP) and domain name / trade mark registration advice.
- Legal policies and practices in relation to social networking, websites and general terms and conditions.
- Legal protection for your domain name in Australia and overseas; domain name disputes.
- Drafting IP documents including licences, assignments, co-existence agreements, model releases, talent releases, agreements between advertising or graphic design agencies and their clients.
- Confidential information and trade secrets including disputes relating to the misuse of commercially sensitive information that which is not in the public domain and disclosure or use by others of information that is proprietary to a business as well as Confidentiality / Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Fashion laws - including how to protect your label names, fashion designs, garment patterns and textile patterns; disputes, advising on legal issues that might arise when legal issues promoting labels using social media websites and selling goods on Google, AdWords and eBay, care labelling, terms and conditions with manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers in the fashion industry.
- Food law – Advice in relation to food marketing and labelling laws including the Food Standards Code, the Australian Competition and Consumer Act and related fields including trade marks, copyright, green claims, country of origin claims and naming issues
- Online retail – issues specifically relating to the online retail of goods including terms and conditions for websites, privacy policies and wholesale terms.
- Training programs and workshops - we offer innovative structured and tailored training programs and workshops for businesses, networking groups and associations. Our workshops provide attendees with tips and skills to be proactive and understand how to avoid legal risks in the IP and Misleading or Deceptive Conduct area and encourage good practises when it comes to legal risk management. We also provide practical tips and useful checklists as well as strategies that assist your business to develop, protect and generate value from Intellectual Property assets. Our workshops always take into account the latest developments in the law and are tailored – we do not rehash talks from previous occasions.
- Reviewing copy, advertising and marketing materials – including websites, product packaging and marketing materials prior to launch to identify potential trade mark, copyright and a trade mark practices / consumer law issues as well as drafting of any necessary industry-specific disclaimers. Clients include: advertising and marketing agencies, manufacturers, retailers and suppliers.